About Job
The ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), New Delhi, invites eligible candidates for a walk-in interview to fill contractual positions for Senior Research Fellow (SRF) and Young Professional-I (YP-I) under the National Mission on High Yielding Seeds (NMHYS) project in Pigeonpea. This is a great opportunity for qualified professionals in agricultural sciences and biotechnology to engage in cutting-edge research at a premier agricultural research institute in India.
Table of Contents
- Job Summary
- Details of Position
- Eligibility Details
- Application Details
- Important Conditions
- Important Links
Job Summary
- Organization: ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute
- Job Title: Senior Research Fellow (SRF) & Young Professional-I
- Deadline: 2026-09-22
Details of Position
- Senior Research Fellow (SRF): 2 Vacancies. Pay: ₹37,000 + HRA/month for 1st and 2nd year; ₹42,000 + HRA/month for 3rd year. Location: New Delhi.
- Young Professional-I (YP-I): 1 Vacancy. Pay: ₹30,000/month (fixed). Location: New Delhi.
Eligibility Details
- Senior Research Fellow (SRF): Master’s degree in Genetics/Plant Breeding/Genetics and Plant Breeding/Biotechnology with 4/5 years bachelor’s degree. Those with 3 years bachelor’s degree must have UGC/CSIR/ICAR NET qualification or equivalent or a Ph.D.
- Young Professional-I (YP-I): Graduation degree in Agricultural Science or Diploma in Agricultural Sciences / Life Sciences and Equivalent from a recognized university.
- Age Limit: Maximum age is 35 years for SRF and 21 to 45 years for YP-I as on the date of interview (age relaxations applicable as per rules).
Application Details
Candidates are required to bring the duly filled and signed application form along with original copies of educational and other relevant documents, and one set of self-attested photocopies for verification during the walk-in interview on 22/09/2026 at 10:00 A.M. onwards.
Important Conditions
- Posts are purely temporary and co-terminus with the project.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- Candidates must bring all original certificates and attested photocopies.